here's the recipe, don't forget to check out all her AWESOMELY YUMMY stuff!
Recipe: Gluten-Free Applesauce Muffins
- 1 1/2 c. applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. coconut oil (liquid)
- 1 c. brown rice flour
- 1/4 c. sorghum flour
- 1/2 c. potato starch
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 c. toasted chopped walnuts
oh & jess loved them, even the burnt one i shared with her & q asked for them in her lunch this morning so it was a hit all around. the only person that didn't care for them, probably because he got a little bit of a burnt bite, is jason but hey he doesn't have to know how good the non-burnt ones are right?!? that's more for us girls to devour! :)
- Preheat your oven 325°.
- Generously grease 18 muffin cups.
- While you are preparing the muffin batter, toast walnut halves in the oven for about 5 minutes. Let them cool some, then chop.
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, eggs, sugar, and oil with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the flours, potato starch, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredients and the nuts to the wet ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins. I like to use a large ladle for this.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until the tops of the muffins spring back when touched lightly.
- Cool for several minutes in the muffin pan, then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.